40 The Avenue
Telephone: : (0191) 386 8756
Fax:: (0191) 386 8787
- Current occupation
- Self-employed internet and computer consultant (since July 1998)
- - See elsewhere on this web site for more details.
- Last employment
- BT Information Services
- July 1996 to June 1998
- Technical Implementation Manager
- March 1994 - June 1996
- Technical Project Manager (team leader) of VM
Technical Support team - responsible for systems software on all of BT's VM mainframes
- April 1991 - February 1994
- Senior Systems Engineer working on system performance and
VM technical support
- June 1985 - March 1991
- Senior Systems Engineer with the North East District of
Responsibilities included VM technical support,
performance measurement, and capacity planning.
- Previous employment
- 1979-1985 - Technical Support manager
- Responsible for:
- Managing team of systems programmers
- Detailed hardware and software evaluation
- Systems programming tasks, in VM, VS1, and MVS.
- Transfer of computer centre from Newcastle to
- VS1 to MVS conversion
- 1974-1979 - Chief Analyst/Programmer
- Responsible for
- Project management
- Staff management
- systems programming
- 1972-1974 - Systems analyst
- Tasks included defining CICS programs (remember this was
1973!) and a DOS to VS1 conversion.
- Greater London
- September 1968 - September 1972
- I successively held the posts of trainee systems
analyst/programmer (using assembler), systems analyst/programmer,
lately in the technical support team, then finally team
- Secondary Education
- Palmers School for Boys, Grays, Essex - 1958-1965 (now
transformed into Palmers College)
9 'O' levels
5 'A' levels (pure maths, applied maths, further maths,
- Tertiary education
BSc in Mathematics (1968)
- Professional qualification
- Part 1 of the British
Computer Society's examination (April 1970).
Data Protection: Putting the record straight.
Marie Staunton and Roger Cornwell, NCCL, London, 1984.
Security in VM systems Paper contributed to the
Xephon Conference New Directions in VM held on 21/22
October 1987 at the Regent Crest Hotel, London.
- 12 March 1947, Lewisham, London
- Positions held
- Member, Northern Regional Council of the
Director, The North East Innovation Centre
Chairman, The City of Durham Trust
Durham Group of the Ramblers Association
Alliance Française de Newcastle-upon-Tyne